January 17, 2009

Anticipation Building....Road to Recon

Halo 3 has long since been one of my top games since it's release over a year ago. I have fought hard along the marines, ODST's, and Elites to drive back the Brutes and bring Truth down. The campaign still brings me back occasionally and as such, I had decided that it was time to round up the last few achievements so I could get the Katana for my Hyabusa armor. Yes, I know it has taken me forever but I stopped achievement hunting on this game months back. In one day I sat down and nailed the last three achievements that had eluded my grasp, and it felt satisfying slapping that asthetic sword on my Spartan's back. That was until I remembered.

I had nearly let it slip my mind, there was still one armor variant I had not received and my mission may have been complete for the Katana...but now I had to set out on a mission to get Recon.

Knowing I am not skilled enough or lucky enough to pull off some bizarre glitch in a matchmaking game that has never been seen before, I turned my sights towards the Vidmaster achievements. I needed to get them before the Mythic map pack to was released with the final Vidmaster. Seven on Seven was simple since I had six EXP in Lone Wolves already, I just waited till the seventh of this month and won one game to score the achievement. Three days later I was invited into a party to do a run for the Annual achievement....fourty-three minutes and thirty-seven seconds later I had that one in the bag as well.

Finally there was Lightswitch, a quick check of all my EXP so far indicated that Social Slayer had the most and would be the quickest to get to Lieutenant. That took me two days with sporadic playing and the final one was tucked secure into my little gamerscore vault. Now the waiting game starts...

Halo Wars will be my hope to get Brainpan I believe. March 3rd with the Limited Collectors edition and I can score a download to the Mythic maps then work on finding those skulls hidden in the levels. I know Bungie won't make those skulls easy to find. The search is hopefully going to test our knowledge of various in game tricks to get to the skulls. I sincerely hope that is the case because it will make the Road to Recon all the sweeter.

No comments: