May 12, 2009

Quest Taken, Google Issues

Short post today, I think. First off, I have picked out a gadget I am going to steadily pool money towards. I want to buy a Nokia N810 because that would significantly assist me in my future goal of integrating a server into my car. At least it would provide a device capable of easily controlling it from a wireless connection. They aren't cheap, but I should be able to grab one in a few months or so since most of my funds get spent on bills that I can't push back in the slightest. Yay economy right?

I noticed earlier I was having issues reaching Google, at first I thought it was something to do with my internet. I was wrong in that assumption. Turns out it was an OpenDNS issue. Not sure exactly what was going wrong, but Google was unreachable for several hours for some people it seems. I switched to my ISP default DNS servers and Google loaded right up with not issues. As of now, the OpenDNS problems seem to be fixed so OpenDNS users no longer need to pull hair out in frustration.

~Update~
Seems OpenDNS had issues with their Chicago server in the form of a bug, they've reported it has been fixed now and are currently looking into a few other things. Here is a link to the update sent directly to me: OpenDNS' Response

No comments: